7.26.2012

tiny home v1

Encouraged by yesterday's road trip I sought out some designs online of park models and have been working those designs and features inside the legal towing limit, which is generally 8.5' W x 40' L x 13.5' H according to a site for race cars. I also saw a heavy duty trailer base on craigslist that was 40' long, so it seemed like a good place to start.


I will spare you the page of nothing but bathroom designs. I never found one I liked. The top attempt didn't have enough living space. The bottom one has potential, but being a not so tiny place I'll have to put in a real forced air furnace, which makes things more complicated.

The most important take away is that for an eat in kitchen bar that seats four, something we really liked, it just doesn't seem possible for us in 8.5'. The potential for congestion was too much. The second take away is the Jack and Jill bunk. I'll give credit where it's due, I didn't think of this, the folks at Kropf did. I just made it mine. Their plan shows double beds, which is excessively wide for a kid. So I switched it up to twin extra long.

This is a really nice solution for getting two kids in a tiny space with their privacy intact. Yes my children are only 2 and 6 months, but they will be teenagers one day, perhaps even tall if they take after David.We are only 2-3 years from our son being big enough for the top bunk if my childhood memory serves.

No comments:

Post a Comment